Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Meeting a legend

Had the most fantastic experience yesterday and was extremely excited and honoured. Although I greatly appreciate Steve Backshaws torso and my children are thrilled every time he gets attacked by something rather deadly, he is not a master like the legendary king of wildlife programmes, Sir David Attenborough. We were lucky enough to meet Sir David at the Royal National Geographic Society and spend some time in his extremely pleasant company. He is as delightful as he appears and quite simply in a league of his own. His words of advice to my young son – never, ever, stop learning. I think that is pretty sound advice. I am proud that we had the fantastic opportunity to meet this remarkable man. He inspired me in my childhood , now in turn my own children, and has had a huge influence on me throughout my life. He is a true natural historian with an incredibly curious mind. Long may he reign! My other heroes are Charles Darwin and Gerald Durrell. Both of which I have a distinctly less likelihood of meeting, ( and I ought to mention the charming Johnny Morris pretending to be a Bristol Zoo keeper with all the talking animals – but now I show my age!).

Sir David Attenborough.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative